Monday, September 23, 2013
For a while I thought I was loosing it. Started putting the binding on a new quilt. I machine sew one side and use a blind stitch on the other. When it's done correctly one never sees the stitch. Well, everything started out fine. Good progress was being made. Then I couldn't sew a stitch without the needle going all the way through to the quilt top. I thought I'd had a stroke or something. Further checking, and I found that the needle was bent. This meant that sometimes as a made a stitch the needle was pointed up and sometimes down. When pointed down, the needle went too deep.....And the needle was not bent all that much....just a wee bit. New needle, no problem! Thus the 3290 lesson that I learned this year....
Friday, September 20, 2013
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Some know that I help several others instruct a quilting class at the local Senior Center. Here's some samples that the class has completed in the last several months; and some that are in the process. I am sure that you can see that these ladies are quite talented quilters. In fact they have far out run my humble talents.
Blocks ready to assemble for a Christmas quilt.
Some blocks for a Halloween wall hanging.
Completed large quilt.
Detail of the machine quilting on the top of large quilt.
Detail of the quilting on the back of the large quilt.
Demonstration on proper method of assembling long strips of assembled blocks with sashing.