The first attempts at sewing a series of tests stitches, was a mixed bag. Everything seemed to work as well as I thought they would, until I looked at the back of the quilt. OK, maybe not so well. Then I noticed that the first stitches were fairly okay when moving up and down, but not okay when going side to side I replaced the needle, after it was suggested by Lisa, a member of the HINTERBERG QUILTERS Yahoo Group. This helped, however, I will check the rollers on the machine carriage to make sure they are well lubricated and in contact with the rails that the carriage ride on.
So far, the problems encountered seem solvable by me. However, many questions still need answered. Here's a few:
1. The needle seems to "stick" when coming up through the quilt.
2. The back rail that through the sewing machine, and takes up the quilted quilt seems way to low to take up much quilt.
3. The "tightness" of the stitches seems too loose.
Tomorrow, when the temperature is under 90 degrees I'll re thread the machine and add more tension on the top thread. I'll also check the rollers on the carriage.
I am also trying to find better instructions that explain the position of the quilt "take-up" Rail.
Maybe I'll also get a book on brain surgery and give it a try.......