Friday, January 1, 2010

First New Years Resolution!

My first New Years resolution is to start and complete a wood carving depicting "Quigley" as played by Tom Selleck in the movie "Quigley Down Under". The carving will be a bust, and the photo will be a guide. This "challenge" is being "sponsored" by Lynn Doughty, a carver from Oklahoma.
http://www.outwestwoodcarving.blogspot.com/
I post this, my first new years resolution, as a way to help ensure that I actually do it , and do it to the best of my current ability. In other words, it's dang hard to "weasel out", when lots know what you said you will do. Well, if I could quit smoking in 1981, by telling all my friends that "I quit", and anyone who could not "just quit" was a weak person.

I'll post my progress!

7 comments:

diy said...

Hows quigly coming on, you painting him yet?

Of course the real reason for commenting is to wish you a Happy New Year.

Tracy said...

Can I have Tom when you're done? ;)

Sherry said...

I vote your Tom aka Quigley carving be your next blog giveaway.

Where do I sign up? ;o)

Raymond K. Houston said...

I just love Tom Sellek (and the movie, too) . . . I look forward to seeing your progress.

Tom H said...

The actual Quigley carving will start on Jan 4. But I'm doing some sketches now.

A "giveaway"; I quess that's nicer than throwing it in the fireplace. If it don't turn out, that is.

The trick is to do the carving so that one knows who it is, without having to be too realistic.

hwallen48 said...

Tom
I'm with you as far as annoucing to everyone that you are going to enter the contest, then that way you have to do it or look like an embicle (3 stooges)So I to am entering and we will see what happens , but like you said it should be a LOT of FUN and thats what counts!

hwallen48 said...

Tom
I'm with you as far as annoucing to everyone that you are going to enter the contest, then that way you have to do it or look like an embicle (3 stooges)So I to am entering and we will see what happens , but like you said it should be a LOT of FUN and thats what counts!