Wednesday, September 29, 2010

They're Out To Get Me!

Several days ago a very big white commercial truck ran a stop sign and used me and my van as a "stop cut". In non wood carving lingo, that means the large white commercial truck hit me. While the accident did not hurt me or my wife, it did result in considerable damage to the van. But since the accident I have noticed several cars pull out in front of me to the point where I had to slam on the brakes. I've noticed several more run stop signs. Maybe I am just more aware, but it sure seems they're out to get me.....

5 comments:

Salty Shortbread said...

Nine years ago, I had someone pull out in front of me leaving me no choice but to hit them. To this day, I still tense up anytime there's a car pulling up to a side street or turn lane in my direction. I think it's a bug in our brains' operating systems...

diy said...

Do n't let them get you, your a one off.
On a more serious note you and your wife are unhurt. Thats the bottom line.

I've driven for 52 years and have got from loving it to hating it. In fact I will only drive in the uk or Cyprus. There I know what side to expect the dead heads to attack. In the USofA and recently in Poland I refused to drive, and I'm glad.
So take care my friend, they are out to get us.

Holee said...

Jeepers, glad you are both okay! Not great for an after surgery event for your wife.

After not driving for 5 years, I can tell you..don't ever try to drive through Dallas! Glad to hear you two came out of this okay.

Tom H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom H said...

And now the deer are all over the roads. They're just standing there at 5:30 AM. They're not after me too are they?