Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Macho Lap Quilt!

This is a Lap quilt that I am assembling. It is flannel on both sides, with batting inbetween; and as one can see, will be a "Rag" quilt. "Rag" meaning that there will be a fringe between all squares.

This quilt is a fun and forgiving quilt to make. You don't have to be too precise, as the fringe covers lots of mistakes. That is, if one is predisposed to make mistakes.

I titled this post "MACHO LAP QUILT" But after thinking about it for a few seconds, maybe the words Macho and Lap Quilt don't go together. Can the use of a lap quilt by a male be a "Macho" thing? A guy using a lap quilt at the football game in the winter may be macho. But, beyond that I just don't know. However, in the privacy of ones own home, I may try to use a lap quilt, if I get cold enough. I would stand a much better chance if the lap quilt was at least Macho in looks.

2 comments:

Loves to Quilt said...

I think that it is beautiful and you can call it whatever you like!

Holee said...

It's a great quilt. I made one for my son with flannel on the back and wool blocks on the front.

All the wool came from ladies skirts. He thinks his is macho because he said he likes being cover by all those ladies.