Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Carved Santa Ornaments - To Good Use

Here's a little update on my offer to carve 100 Santa ornaments/pins. and give them to some one if they would make sure that the ornaments would be used for charity. Since I will have more than 100 of these little Santa's several folks who have offered to put the Santa's to good use will be obliged.

The first person will be Kaaren, a retired decorative painter. Kaaren has designed several Americana pins that were featured in "Painter" magazine. The first pin being a tribute to the 9/11 victims. All of the proceeds of the sales went to the widows and orphans fund of the NYPD and NYFD.

Kaaren has offered to paint my Santa's, sell them, and donate the proceeds to a charity. This just sounds great to me, as I generate at least three Santa ornaments per day, while drinking my morning coffee. And my passion is the carving, not the painting.

Check out Kaaren's blog at: http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com, and be as impressed as I am.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

'morning Tom,
If you'd like to send some my way as well, I'd love to try my hand at them. I should have mentioned this yesterday. I've painted for about 11 years now and since I am a Santa girl, maybe my two loves will work together. Our church is next door to a recovery centre and that's where I would donate the earnings...
You can email me your thoughts.
Have a great day, Kimberly