Friday, March 6, 2009

Santa Carving - Update

A while ago I gave myself a challenge to carve 100 Santa ornaments or pins this year. I went on to say that I would donate them to someone who would be sure to use them to benefit others.
In this box are 72 Santa ornament and/or pins that have been carved. Most must be painted and finished. I never said they would be life sized. Most of what I like to whittle and carve is small.
These are some of the smaller items that I have recently carved. The front row are Civil War busts. The back row has a hillbilly, 7 wizards on a quarter, a mountain man, and a gnome. The largest of these might be 2 inches tall.



3 comments:

Tina said...

I just love all your carvings...they're great!

Holee said...

Oh wow, the ones in the plastic bags are soooooo tiny!

Tom H said...

The smallest are the most fun! They generally are about 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch.