Thursday, April 16, 2009

Important Clarification!

Last evening I received a message from my daughter. She said I was in trouble, or at least there was great potential for a misunderstanding, leading to trouble. She was referring to the blog entry of yesterday. The coffee break entry to be exact. She stated that my quilting is OK. In fact she was the one who got me into quilting in the first place. But a fancy tea/coffee break that I portrayed in the blog was over the top. She said I either had to explain things or follow that blog entry with an extremely macho entry to regain my masculinity.

OK I "fess up". The photos that I posted in the coffee break entry were ones of my daughters tea party at her house the other day in California. The photo that is posted today is my usual coffee break.

The Santa/Wizard carvings in the photo are going to be Popsicle stick "switchblade knives". I'll be giving these away to kids at a carving show/sale this weekend.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

That's too funny!! You have regained your macho image!!

Neabear said...

You are making me laugh again. Looks like one of my dad's coffee breaks only he has an oatmeal cookie with his.

Holee said...

I was shocked at yesterdays post. I couldn't even respond to it. I was wondering if you wore a jacket and tie for your coffee break!

Now today's I can relate too, looks like my coffee breaks. Tracy's coffee break, although very inviting, looks like a lot of work! (love the cream puffs though)

Kaaren said...

I'm going to un-invite myself Tom. Your half eaten bagel looks about as tempting as mine. I'd much prefer what your daughter had to offer instead, but California is a bit too far to go for a coffee and sweet. But on the other hand...hmmmmm.

Tom H said...

You all would be welcome any time to my coffee break.

Larry Marshall said...

Real men don't need to demonstrate their ownership of a Y-chromosome, Tom :-)

I do miniature needlework myself and really enjoy your quilting posts, even if they're your daughter's tea party.

Chris said...

Oh my, this cracked me up, Tom. I'm thinking you should invite your daughter to guest blog. I think I like her sense of humor and you two together!!!!!!!!! What fun.