Sunday, May 3, 2009

Recycling The Shed!

It looks like some more orphaned quilt squares will find a place framed in the recycled siding from the old shed/playhouse. Course I'll need to *matt the quilt square and then cut some glass to place over the matted quilt square. If I try I'll probably salvage enough old wood siding to frame 12 to 15 orphaned quilt squares.....

* for the english teachers reading this....the dictionary says the correct spelling for this item is either "mat", "matt", "matte". Not much help for an ol' man there.

6 comments:

Holee said...

I was thinking something a little larger. Maybe take the sign part and install a rod behind it for hanging a good sized lap quilt.

Tom H said...

Great idea Holee, but my girls said they did not put that sign over the door. They said 'taggers' must have struck.

Kaaren said...

Love the way the minis look in the 'barnwood' frames, Tom.

Thanks for sharing.

Holee said...

It really doesn't matter who put the sign up Tom, old signs are in, especially for hanging up in hallways or kitchens or dining area's. I have one that says "ladies entrance" from a bar. I'm sure you remember when ladies had their own entrances in "those kind of places". lol I put a rod behind it and have it hanging in the stairway with a quilt on it. I've had more than one offer to buy it.

Tom H said...

In the first house I bought (built in 1835) there was an old sign that was used for the backing for some pipes. The sign said. "OUTSIDE MEN ONLY". I have often wondered what that meant. Any ideas?

Holee said...

Good grief! Outback always meant the outhouse! I guess in the early 1800's they certainly didn't want any ladies to wander out back when the fellows were there! lol

Of course that could include drinking or smoking since ladies were excluded from seeing these things..unless they were the "right kind of female", and certainly not a Lady! LOL