Friday, July 31, 2009

Doll Quilt Completed

In an earlier post I said this little doll quilt would be 16 x 20 inches. By the time I put the border and the binding on, it is 20 x 26 inches. I tried an experiment with the quilting. I machine quilted it with a 1938 Singer machine. All I did was loosen up the presser foot knob, so the the quilt would just nearly be pulled along by the feed dogs. You cannot lower the dogs on this one. Then I just quilted. I put one echo outline around each "rose", and then experimented with a tight meander. The tight meander doesn't work to well. The rounded loops are difficult or impossible to do, but points instead of the rounded loops are easy. I still must sew pastel buttons in the centers of the top rose petals. This is a very easy quilt to do.

No comments: