Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Ornament Swap



I am a member of Woodcarving Illustrated magazines message board. Several members have participated in the annual Christmas Tree Ornament swap. This Christmas wreath is decked out with the hand carved ornaments that have been sent to me. This swap is different from the doll quilt swaps. If there are 20 members participating in the swap, you have to carve 20 ornaments and send them out. Of course, the really neat thing is that you 20 back. I think you'll agree that there are some very fine carved ornaments here.

4 comments:

lrmart said...

Wow so cool... I like swaps where you send in so many and get back the same amount... The greatest thing about handcrafted items is no two are a like...
Thank You very much for the Santa's you sent me I just love them they are hanging n the treee...

Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas,
Lisa

Holee said...

The angel & Santa in the long coat are real beauties..they are all considering the art of it all, but those 2 are really nice.

How special to show them all off on a wreath.

Tom H said...

The angel and the Santa are special. The Santa was carved by a very talented gal, and the angel by fellow.

Unknown said...

Wow! Simply amazing and I love every one of them. What a neat way to display them!

Merry Christmas!
Lynn