Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Birds At The Window

Well, the TV weather folks got it partly right this time. Snow, sleet, rain, ice, and the switching back to all snow. Started out with 3 inches of old snow on the ground. Next we got 2 inches of new snow on top of the old. Then there was sleet and rain, which put about 1/2 inch of ice down on top. Now it's snowing heavy.....The birds are in a feeding frenzy. First photo is of a Downey Woodpecker at out window feeder.
This is my favorite bird, a Carolina Wren. These little birds are the the most curious things around. They are fearless! If I leave a door open to my shop they come in and watch me.
We have a large number of Cardinals that feed at the window too.

This is a Tufted Titmouse. They too are fearless, when it comes to eating.

And the ever popular Chickadee. They are always around.


These window feeders are a lot of fun. The following photos were taken in less than five minutes.

2 comments:

Debbe said...

Oh my, I just found your blog, Lani sent me to it. I love the birds, I would almost trade our 78 degree weather today in So. Cal. for a glimps at my favorite bird. I love Chikadees. And any fine feathered friend. It's like having Audobon theater in your window!!! Lovely creatures. Thanks for sharing.
Debbe

Deb's Posts said...

Wow what great pics, my favorite is the Cardinal, must consider getting a window feeder here, thanks for the pics Tom