Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snake In The Box

Decided that today would be a good day to make a bunch of these little toys. This is a Amish church toy. A church toy is one that mom or dad would give to the children in church to keep them occupied and prevent fidgeting. This is a palm sized toy, that when you slide the top out, a snake jumps out. When you slide the top back in, the snake goes back in.
I like to have a bunch of these around just in case there is the opportunity to give one to a kid.
If any reader knows of any other simple little "old time" toy that is made of wood, let me know about it. I like to make these old toys, and kids like to play with them too.

1 comment:

lrmart said...

That's cute never seen anything like it before.. Something I love is the wooden puppet that you pull the string and the arms and legs move up and down.. I have a elf one that hangs on my Christmas tree, seems like I can't walk bye the tree with out making him dance...